What it is:
A full-text article database of popular and trade news from around the world; company profiles; accounting literature and legal information largely focusing on U.S. and North America.
What you can expect to find:
- General news section contains mostly full text articles and transcripts from a wide variety of news sources (international, national and local).
- The Business and Company Dossier sections contain company and industry news, company financial data on large public and private, U.S. and international entities. Profiles may link to S.E.C. filings, litigation cases and intellectual property filings if available.
- The Legal section contains texts of federal and state court decisions, federal and state agency regulations, and law journal articles.
Some useful things you can do:
- Lookup a specific company profile and quickly find news articles that mention the company or its products and services.
- Identify and screen for companies based on criteria such as industry code, business description, geography and sales. Records can be downloaded in excel form.
- Search for scholarly articles in legal or accounting literature.
- Access the full text of a specific publication such as Wiley GAAP, Hoover’s Company Profiles, etc.
- Full text is available for most publications. Check the scope note for each source to verify date ranges for full text coverage.
- 18,000 sources include newspapers, journals, wire services, newsletters, company reports and SEC filings, case law, government documents, transcripts of broadcasts, and selected reference works.
Tutorials cover an overview, selecting sources, working with results, and summaries and headnotes.
LNA wiki links to various guides.
Librarian Contact Information