What it is:
- A full text database of U.S. and Global industry market research reports.
What you can expect to find:
- In-depth, regularly updated industry reports for over 700 United States NAICS-classified industries at the 5 digit level. Reports range from 25-45 pages in length, and includes statistics, industry structure, product & customer segmentation, performance analysis, major players & market share, external drivers, 5-year forecasts with forecast analysis, etc.
- The Business Environment Database contains more brief reports but provides an information on key drivers and influencing factors (Sensitivities), which are responsible for change in a given industry.
- Limited company information.
Some useful things you can do:
- Gain a quick narrative overview of the broader industry in which a company or product/service category exists.
- Current subscriptions do not include the Australian or Chinese database content.
- Reports do not provide complete list of references. Statistical references are sometimes cited in text and range from government sources, news and trade publications.
Finding Market Research Information (IBISWorld) (11 min. 32 sec.)
Librarian Contact Information
- Jennifer Garrett, Research Librarian for Management, Education and Social Sciences