Technology Lending Guidelines
Borrowing privileges, fines and other relevant information regarding technology lending and circulation guidelines can be found in the other pages of this section.
General guidelines regarding devices borrowed through our technology lending service:
- Most devices are available on a first come, first served basis. Some devices are by-request only, such as Kindles and DSLR cameras.
- Only one of each item type may be borrowed at a time (e.g. only one laptop, one calculator, etc).
- You can borrow most devices by asking at the Ask Us centers at the D. H. Hill and Hunt Libraries, or at the Branches.
- Exceptions to borrowing terms and advance requests may be granted on a limited basis by request only.
- If a fire alarm sounds and you are unable to return the device before you evacuate, please take the device with you and return it when you reenter the building.
- Library devices are intended for university-related use, in accordance with NC State's Computer and Network Use Policy.