- Mostly Engineering and Textiles Materials
What's involved in the book move?
- 1.5 million books are planned to be moved into the Hunt Library bookBot in Summer and Fall 2012.
- Mostly Engineering and Textiles materials will move.
- All D. H. Hill Library study spaces, teaching labs, and meeting rooms will remain open.
How will I get the books I need during the move?
- Most materials will not be moved, so you will get them the way you always have.
- For materials that are moving to the Hunt Library: Search the Libraries' catalog. If the book you need is "Being transferred to bookBot," click to request it. It will be ready for you to pick up within 24 hours at the campus library of your choice.
How will I get books at the Hunt Library after the move?
- For materials that are moved to the Hunt Library: Request a book from the Libraries' online catalog. The bookBot retrieves it. And it will be ready for you at the Hunt Library service point within 5 minutes, or at another campus library of your choice within 24 hours
- Up to 40,000 volumes of the latest Engineering and Textiles research materials will be available on open shelving at the Hunt Library when it opens in January 2013.
What about textbooks on reserve?
When the Hunt Library opens, all Engineering and Textiles textbooks on reserve will be held at the Hunt Library.