Library Course Tools web pages are sets of library recommendations built around courses and curricula. There’s a Library Course Tools page for every course at NC State.
Library Course Tools pages include:
- E-Reserves for your course
- Article databases
- Recommend resources
- IM a Librarian for help
- Citation Tools, including the Citation Builder
- and more…
Library Course Tools pages can be customized. Please contact us if you’d like to tailor a Library Course Tools page to a specific assignment or other course needs.
You can incorporate Library Course Tools into your online course materials in two ways:
- Moodle – a Library Course Tools “block” is available in Moodle.
- Course Websites – you can insert a link to the Library Course Tools page for your course right into your course website.
Please contact us if you’d like to customize your pages or have questions about this service.
Many library databases will alert you when new records matching your search criteria (e.g., journal title or keywords) are added to the database.
- Click on the “alert” or “RSS” links on the database results pages. You may need to save your search or view your search history in order to access these features.
- You will be asked to create a free account with the database provider.
These short video tutorials show you how to set up alerts in specific databases:
Contact us for assistance setting up alerts.
Zotero is a browser-based citation management tool that enables users to store, manage, and output (in a variety of styles) bibliographic references from various sources. After completing this course, participants will understand how to use Zotero to effectively organize and manage citations while conducting research, incorporate references into word processing documents, create independent bibliographies in a variety of styles, and collect references from a variety of sources, including databases and websites.
Thursday afternoon, 6/16, 1:30-3pm
D.H. Hill Library, ITTC Lab 1A
Instructor: Josh Wilson