Libraries Faculty Award
NCSU Libraries announces the twenty-sixth annual North Carolina State University Libraries Faculty Award. The award is given to an NC State faculty member who has contributed consistently and notably to the accomplishment of the Libraries' mission, vision, and strategic initiatives. The award, established in commemoration of the library’s centennial year in 1989, enables the library to recognize faculty contributions.
The Friends of the Library will present the award at its Fall Luncheon. This award is made possible by funding from the Friends of the Library.
The deadline for nominations is May 30, 2014.
Send nomination forms or any questions to:
NCSU Libraries Faculty Award Committee
D. H. Hill Library
Campus Box 7111
Phone: (919) 513-3481
Fax: (919) 515-8264
How to nominate
- Download printable nomination form (pdf)
- Complete the form and provide a letter describing how the nominee meets the criteria listed below.
- Additional letters in support of a nomination are encouraged.
- NC State faculty member, except former recipients, is eligible to be nominated for this award.
- Library faculty are not eligible for nomination.
- Works actively and effectively to support the Libraries
- Promotes the role of the Libraries as an essential component of the university’s mission
- Works in partnership with library faculty and staff in teaching, research, and/or extension activities
- Promotes expanded access to information resources
The award includes:
- Honorary life membership in the Friends of the Library
- Name engraved on an NCSU Libraries Faculty Award plaque
- A special recognition certificate
NCSU Libraries Faculty Award Winners
|2013||Dr. Joseph Hightower, Department of Applied Ecology, and Dr. Suzanne Kennedy-Stoskopf, College of Veterinary Medicine|
|2012||Professor Timothy Buie, College of Design and Professor Michael Young, Department of Computer Science|
|2011||Dr. Douglas S. Reeves, Computer Science, COE|
|2010||Dr. David A. Zonderman, History, CHASS|
|2009||Dr. James Wilson, Industrial Engineering, COE|
|2008||Daun Daemon, English, CHASS|
|2007||Dr. Michael R. Hyman, Microbiology, CALS|
|2006||Dr. Susan S. Osborne, Curriculum and Instruction, CED|
|2005||Dr. Elisabeth A. Wheeler, Wood and Paper Science, CNR|
|2004||Dr. Richard H. Bernhard, Industrial Engineering, COE|
|2003||Dr. Karl F. Bowman, Clinical Sciences, CVM|
|2002||Dr. George L. Hodge, Textiles and Apparel, CoT|
|2001||Dr. David Danehower, Crop Science, CALS|
|Dr. Ross Whetten, Forestry, CNR|
|2000||Dr. Hugh A. Devine, Parks, Recreation, and Tourism, CNR|
|1999||Dr. Lewis L. Deitz, Entomology, CALS|
|1998||Dr. Larry K. Monteith, Chancellor Emeritus, Electrical Engineering, COE|
|1997||Dr. J. Lawrence Apple, Plant Pathology and Genetics, CALS|
|1996||Dr. Michael K. Stoskopf, Companion Animal and Special Species Medicine, CVM|
|1995||Dr. Charles G. Moreland, Chemistry, PAMS|
|Dr. Dale E. Sayers, Physics, PAMS|
|Dr. John N. Wall, English, CHASS|
|1994||Dr. Suzanne T. Purrington, Chemistry, PAMS|
|1993||Dr. Jerry M. Davis, Marine, Earth, & Atmospheric Sciences, PAMS|
|1992||Dr. Norman D. Anderson, Mathematics and Science Education, CEP|
|1991||Dr. Herman Berkhoff, Microbiology, Pathology, and Parasitology, CVM|
|1990||Dr. Alexander J. De Grand, History, CHASS|
|1989||Dr. Maurice Hugh Farrier, Entomology, CALS|